Roseau County has 73 Positive Cases; with 4 new cases reported today; 13 ACTIVE Cases; 60 having recovered (out of isolation).
The World Health Organization says that a 14-day positive test rate of below 5 percent is the key to keeping businesses open.
Friday’s update includes 862 new positive tests for the coronavirus, 12 of which have been removed for an official count of 850 new cases. Those positive cases are the result of 8,320 people tested, creating a 24-hour reporting period test positivity rate of 10.2%.
The positive test rate is lower from the perspective when the number of individuals producing positive tests (850) divided by total completed tests (16,319). In that case, the positivity rate is 5.2%.
The “tests completed” number is always higher than the “people tested” metric because some people get tested multiple times and those who test positive are only counted once, so it produces a less accurate positivity rate.
The test positivity rate over a 7-day average, based on total number of people tested, according to Johns Hopkins University, was 8.02% as of Friday.
- Total tests: 1,443,344 (up from 1,427,347)
- People tested: 1,101,710 (up from 1,093,390)
- Positive cases: 73,240 (up from 72,390)
- Deaths: 1,810 (up from 1,806)
- Currently hospitalized: 301 (down from 305)
- Patients in intensive care: 137 (down from 139)
- Patients no longer requiring isolation: 65,204 (up from 64,876)
Updated August 28, 2020
Updated daily at 11 a.m., with data current as of 4 p.m. the previous day.
Last modified: 08/28/2020