Roseau County has 58 Positive Cases; with 1 new cases reported today; 4 ACTIVE Cases; 54 having recovered (out of isolation).
The World Health Organization says that a 14-day positive test rate of below 5 percent is the key to keeping businesses open.
Wednesday’s update includes 567 new cases of the coronavirus, 10 of which have been removed for an official count of 557. Those positive cases are the result of 17,620 people tested, creating a 24-hour reporting period test positivity rate of 3.16%.
The test positivity rate over a 7-day average, based on total number of people tested, according to Johns Hopkins University, was 7.37% as of Tuesday.
Note: Previous BMTN updates have shown the test positivity rate based on total number of completed tests, whereas going forward the daily test positivity rate will be based on positive results from total number of people tested (some patients are tested multiple times, which drives up the testing total).
“If you go above 5 percent it indicates that you may be heading back into a phase of more rapid spread of the disease,” said MDH Commissioner Jan Malcolm.
- Total tests: 1,308,264 (up from 1,273,397)
- People tested: 1,020,926 (up from 1,003,306)
- Positive cases: 66,618 (up from 66,061)
- Deaths: 1,738 (up from 1,721)
- Currently hospitalized: 321 (up from 304)
- Patients in intensive care: 152 (down from 154)
- Patients no longer requiring isolation: 60,242 (up from 59,568)
Updated August 19, 2020
Updated daily at 11 a.m., with data current as of 4 p.m. the previous day.
Last modified: 08/20/2020