Roseau County has 147 Positive Cases; with 1 new cases reported today; 17 ACTIVE Cases; 130 having recovered (out of isolation).
The World Health Organization says that a 14-day positive test rate of below 5 percent is the key to keeping businesses open.
Tuesday’s update includes 954 new positive tests for the coronavirus, 13 of which have been removed, so the official count is 941 cases. Those positives are the result of 8,559 people tested, creating a 24-hour reporting period test positivity rate of 10.99%.
The positive test rate is lower from the perspective when the number of individuals producing positive tests (941) divided by total completed tests (14,029). In that case, the positivity rate is 6.71%.
The “tests completed” number is always higher than the “people tested” metric because some people get tested multiple times and those who test positive are only counted once, so it produces a less accurate positivity rate.
Minnesota’s hospital ICU capacity remains a key data point for the pandemic. The state has a maximum capacity of 2,158 ICU patients, of which there are current 1,056 ICU beds occupied. It’s unclear how many of the beds are occupied by COVID-19 patients because the health department stopped reporting current hospitalizations on Sept. 24.
- Total tests: 2,182,970 (up from 2,169,786)
- People tested: 1,502,736 (up from 1,494,177)
- Positive cases: 105,740 (up from 104,799)
- Deaths: 2,087 (up from 2,083)
- Hospitalized (cumulative since start of pandemic): 8,020 (up from 7,940)
- ICU admissions (cumulative): 2,212 (up from 2,189)
- Patients no longer requiring isolation: 95,614 (up from 94,416)
Updated daily at 11 a.m., with data current as of 4 p.m. the previous day.
Last modified: 10/07/2020