Roseau County has 40 Positive Cases; with 0 new cases reported today; 11 ACTIVE Cases; 29 having recovered.
The World Health Organization says that a 14-day positive test rate of below 5 percent is the key to keeping businesses open. Minnesota’s 7-day rolling average, as of Monday, was 4.40%, according to Johns Hopkins University.
“If you go above 5 percent it indicates that you may be heading back into a phase of more rapid spread of the disease,” said MDH Commissioner Jan Malcolm.
Iowa (8.70%), Wisconsin (7.49%), North Dakota (5.65%) and South Dakota (5.76%) are all testing at a higher positive rate than Minnesota over the past seven days, per the Johns Hopkins data.
Hospitalized patients jumped from 247 to 266, though the number of COVID-19 patients in ICU dropped by three from 115 to 112.
Coronavirus in Minnesota by the numbers:
- Tests: 876,859 (up from 867,410)
- Positive cases: 47,457 (up from 47,107)
- Deaths: 1,548 (up from 1,545)
- Still hospitalized: 266 (up from 247)
- Patients in intensive care: 112 (down from 115)
- Patients no longer requiring isolation: 41,511 (up from 40,742)
Updated July 21, 2020
Updated daily at 11 a.m., with data current as of 4 p.m. the previous day.
Last modified: 07/23/2020