Roseau County has 57 Positive Cases; with 1 new cases reported today; 3 ACTIVE Cases; 54 having recovered (out of isolation).
The World Health Organization says that a 14-day positive test rate of below 5 percent is the key to keeping businesses open.
Tuesday’s update includes 359 new cases of the coronavirus, 14 of which have been removed for an official count of 345. Those positive cases are the result of 7,402 diagnostic tests, creating a daily test positivity rate of 4.62%.
Minnesota’s test positivity rate – based on positive results divided by total number of tests – over a 7-day rolling average, based on MDH data, as of Tuesday, is 4.37%.
“If you go above 5 percent it indicates that you may be heading back into a phase of more rapid spread of the disease,” said MDH Commissioner Jan Malcolm.
Coronavirus in Minnesota by the numbers:
- Tests: 1,273,397 (up from 1,266,561)
- Positive cases: 66,061 (up from 65,716)
- Deaths: 1,721 (up from 1,712)
- Currently hospitalized: 304 (up from 286)
- Patients in intensive care: 154 (down from 155)
- Patients no longer requiring isolation: 59,568 (up from 58,859)
Updated August 18, 2020
Updated daily at 11 a.m., with data current as of 4 p.m. the previous day.
Last modified: 08/18/2020