Roseau County has 51 Positive Cases; with 3 new cases reported today; 6 ACTIVE Cases; 45 having recovered (out of isolation).
The World Health Organization says that a 14-day positive test rate of below 5 percent is the key to keeping businesses open.
Saturday’s update from the MDH includes 924 new cases of the coronavirus, eight of which have been removed for an official count of 916, which is the most in a single day of reporting since the start of the pandemic in Minnesota.
Those positive cases are the result of 17,897 diagnostic tests, creating a daily test positivity rate of 5.12%.
Minnesota’s test positivity rate – based on positive results divided by total number of tests – over a 7-day rolling average, based on MDH data, as of Saturday, is 4.94%.
“If you go above 5 percent it indicates that you may be heading back into a phase of more rapid spread of the disease,” said MDH Commissioner Jan Malcolm.
- Tests: 1,138,595 (up from 1,121,299)
- Positive cases: 60,101 (up from 59,185)
- Deaths: 1,648 (up from 1,640)
- Currently hospitalized: 309 (up from 300)
- Patients in intensive care: 154 (down from 155)
- Patients no longer requiring isolation: 52,768 (up from 51,940)
Updated August 8, 2020
Updated daily at 11 a.m., with data current as of 4 p.m. the previous day.
Last modified: 08/09/2020