Roseau County has 62 Positive Cases; with 4 new cases reported today; 7 ACTIVE Cases; 55 having recovered (out of isolation).
The World Health Organization says that a 14-day positive test rate of below 5 percent is the key to keeping businesses open.
Friday’s numbers includes 746 new cases of the coronavirus, 12 of which have been removed for an official count of 734. Those positive cases are the result of 9,719 people tested, creating a 24-hour reporting period test positivity rate of 7.55%.
The daily positive test rate is lower from the perspective of positive results 734 divided by total completed tests 16,685. In that case, the positivity rate is 4.4%.. The tests completed number is always higher than the people tested because some people get tested multiple times.
The test positivity rate over a 7-day average, based on total number of people tested, according to Johns Hopkins University, was 6.49% as of Thursday.
“If you go above 5 percent it indicates that you may be heading back into a phase of more rapid spread of the disease,” said MDH Commissioner Jan Malcolm.
Coronavirus in Minnesota by the numbers:
- Total tests: 1,357,595 (up from 1,340,850)
- People tested: 1,051,256 (up from 1,041,537)
- Positive cases: 68,867 (up from 68,133)
- Deaths: 1,761 (up from 1,753)
- Currently hospitalized: 316 (up from 296)
- Patients in intensive care: 148 (up from 136)
- Patients no longer requiring isolation: 61,698 (up from 60,920)
Updated August 22, 2020
Updated daily at 11 a.m., with data current as of 4 p.m. the previous day.
Last modified: 08/22/2020