Roseau County has 1698 Positive Cases; with 9 new cases reported today; and 17 accumulated deaths.
Friday’s COVID update from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) includes 1,048 new cases and a total of 19 deaths.
The newly reported deaths bring the state’s total to 6,362 over the course of the pandemic. Of those deaths, 63% (4,011) were residents of long-term care, including 15 of the 19 reported Friday.
Through Feb. 10, the state reported that 617,896 people have received at least 1 dose of the a COVID-19 vaccine while 189,902 people have completed both doses of vaccine that are required for the vaccines’ maximum effect.
MDH has a public dashboard to track vaccine progress in Minnesota, and you can view it here.
Two new variants of the coronavirus have been confirmed in Minnesota, including what was the first known case of the Brazil P.1 variant in the United States. That case involves a Minnesotan who traveled to Brazil. There are 8 confirmed cases of the B.1.1.7 variant. Both new strains are believed to be more transmissible.
- Total tests: 6,914,135 (up from 6,871,077)
- People tested: 3,348,043 (up from 3,337,790)
- People with at least 1 vaccine shot: 617,896 (up from 599,218)
- People with 2 vaccine shots: 189,902 (up from 177,239)
- Positive cases: 471,851 (up from 470,803)
- Deaths: 6,362 – 265 of which are “probable*” (up from 6,343)
- Patients no longer requiring isolation: 457,359 (up from 456,849)
Updated daily with data current as of 4 p.m. the previous day.
Last modified: 02/17/2021