Roseau County has 48 Positive Cases; with 0 new cases reported today; 5 ACTIVE Cases; 43 having recovered (out of isolation).
The World Health Organization says that a 14-day positive test rate of below 5 percent is the key to keeping businesses open.
Hospitalizations dipped from 319 COVID-19 patients Thursday to 300 Friday, though the number of individuals with the virus in the ICU moved up from 153 to 155.
Friday’s update from the MDH includes 556 new cases of the coronavirus, 11 of which have been removed for an official count of 545. Those positive cases are the result of 15,924 diagnostic tests, creating a daily test positivity rate of 3.42%.
Minnesota’s test positivity rate over a 7-day rolling average, based on MDH data, as of Friday, is 4.89%.
“If you go above 5 percent it indicates that you may be heading back into a phase of more rapid spread of the disease,” said MDH Commissioner Jan Malcolm.
- Tests: 1,121,299 (up from 1,105,094)
- Positive cases: 59,185 (up from 58,640)
- Deaths: 1,640 (up from 1,636)
- Currently hospitalized: 300 (down from 319)
- Patients in intensive care: 155 (up from 153)
- Patients no longer requiring isolation: 51,940 (up from 51,604)
Updated August 7, 2020
Updated daily at 11 a.m., with data current as of 4 p.m. the previous day.
Last modified: 08/07/2020